What did we do in Chiang Mai?
~ Did a whole day elephant tour and bamboo raft tour and I bought elephant dung paper!
~ Took half a day to visit different factories and stores; saw how silk is made starting with the silk worm (yuk) to making the fabric.
~ Saw how steel rings are made.
~ Went to the Sa Paper factory.
~ Played in the pool
~ Had super inexpensive massages (about $12 for a 1 hour massage)
~ Ate great Thai food, especially Phad Thai!
~ Shopped at the night market which was just outside our hotel
~ Rode Tuk-Tuk’s because they are fun!
Observations about Chiang Mai and Thailand:
- April is the hottest month of the year in Thailand
- the hottest day in Chiang Mai was while we were there and it was 112 degrees! Yes, you read that right – 112!
- food and lodging is super inexpensive compared to Bangkok
- I saw a lot of westerners
- massages are very inexpensive
- the Night Market vendors were more aggressive and charged more than in Bangkok
- it’s a beautiful city
- Thai’s are super friendly and are always smiling
- everything is very colorful
- I ate Mango and Sticky Rice every night which is probably why I gained weight (mango’s are in season April and May and is the only time when Mango and sticky rice is made